Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unexpected Twist But Good Outcome

Rate this question

carolinian

Question

I applied for TDUI back in May of this year and yesterday my claim was completed. They granted me 100% P&T and I must admit I didn't see this one coming. Keep fighting the fight and never give up because we never know what might happen. I wish everyone luck with their current situation.

Buck: No SSDI and SSI are not considered "Earned Income." Before your SSDI changed to your SSI Award, any earned income could have caused you a Major Problem. People on SSDI can't work at all with out risking loss of the SSDI. Now that your on SSI and over full retirement age, you could have "Earned Income wages or self Employment income" up to the $12,$$$.00. Your SSI wouldn't be affected no matter if you earned $100K but you would definitely have an IU problem. The VA would become very interested in your IU status.

I would venture that based on you (your wife does not factor in) not having any "Earned Income," you really don't have to worry about filing anything regarding income with the VA. However, I would certainly like to have a copy of the VA Reg stating you don't have to file. Maybe somebody will help us out with a VA Link.

Merry Christmas and may your IU continue!

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

Well my wife still works and makes good $$ now.

I was disable back in 1999 unable to work & filed claim in April 2000 won my TDIU P/T three years later 2003, my wife was working then but not making what she is making now!

she has a good paying job now & SSA told me I have to file tax on my SSR because she makes more than 32000 yearly... I think I have to pay 17% on my SSR.??? anyway I'll see a tax accountant ...but I have never made any $$$ since I been on TDIU.

yeah I'd like to know too?? about the VA Reg?

Merry Christmas Gastone to you and your family I appreciate all your help and post!

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks J.

I Think were just worrying for nothing.....I been on TDIU for quite some time now 12 /13 years and nothing has ever came up? my disability is got worse and some times I feel like I'm losing my mind & stressing out over something I know nothing about is not good.

I wanted to apologize to Carolinian for getting off topic!

Please enjoy your Award and hopefully your life will be a lot better for you and your family...I am Happy for you.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

Edited by Buck52

No problem! Get the information out and help someone else out. Since I cannot work anymore I am looking into whether the VA will give me SMC. All of my conditions are service connected and I hope things work out.