Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD and Wife

Rate this question

Hoss

Question

I'm just curious if anyone else has had there "wife" call the VA and have your meds cancelled  based on her opinion that you are drinking too much?

I was finally put on a drug that provided some relief from my almost overwhelming anxiety and my constant irritability; it was actually working. I could carry on a conversation with most anyone and then the next thing I know my wife has called my psychologist who then called the psychiatrist who then discontinued my meds.

Just doesn't seem right...but I guess I'm crazy to begin with.  Funny...they are really going to see crazy now that I'm going to abruptly stop all meds!!!

Semper Fi

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hoss,
I guess it would depend on what you are drinking.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

And the med. Many medications can have serious results when drinking too.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Well, generally I don't drink but immediately after getting prescribed klonprin she stated she was divorcing me over my unwillingness to get a puppy. We already have a 110lb lab and 4 kids who are in school every day and my wife and I both work.  She is not on my side by any stretch of the imagination and believes my bladder cancer, PTSD and sleep apena are all a joke.

I agree that while being on Klonoprin you should not be using alcohol...I made a bad mistake in a moment of weakness and now I must pay the price.  I'm not an alcoholic or drug addict.  Just suffer from some issues many of us do. I hate that I struggle the way I do and feel very weak both mentally physically because I need meds to keep my life together. To be totally honest I do drink some but not to excessive amount in my opinion, and I don't drink and drive and I don't get drunk around the kids. I guess I'm just wore out old man.  Been retired now for 5 years.  Time to dispose of me I guess!!! ha ah

Just a bit confused.

Hoss

• HadIt.com Elder

I suggest you go in and see your VA  MH Psychiatrist  ASAP and tell them what you mention here.

Only a suggestion &

if you need to?.. ask VAMC Hospital Director what they can do about how  not take your spouse calls concerning your healthcare with VA.(medications)

Depending on what drugs your taking  its bad to stop cold turkey  the effect it could be really bad.

I am no Dr by any means but in my opinion when your spouse called your VA Dr  he/she should have contacted you ASAP after she made that call.

jmo

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Be a good Ideal if you and your spouse can get into marriage counseling and you stop drinking alcohol all together.   its hard but it can be done.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!