Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim just closed how long to update on ebenefits

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

12 hours ago, Johhny_Drama said:

So the day yours closed on ebenefits your rating increase changed too. My appeal closed today and my rating remained the same so I guess my appeal was denied : no increase in rating. 

your mileage may vary.

I don't know what you are claiming so it is hard to be specific, but some status changes are more complex than others, and yesterday the VA had more issues than normal with Ebenefits.

Go to the Historical Claims tab and look at each section listed, see if a new one is showing.

If your claim was expected to bump you to 100% go look at your letters, in particular see if there is a Commissary letter. This only appears if you are 100% and since it does not include any dollar amounts it pops up pretty fast.

Look at the Disabilities section, see if new or changed status appear. Say you had a diagnosis of ptsd and major depression before, and they added BiPolar. It might not be obvious at a glance.

call Peggy they will tell you if anything is left to be decided. aka you have a partial decision and which condition is not completed.

a closed "appeal" (as opposed to an original claim at the RO) may be getting a payment higher than normal retro. I think the level is $25k after which more signatures are needed, which takes more time and involves more databases be queried before Ebenefits will actually update.

23 hours ago, raidertone said:

I'm in the same boat. Bva appeal granted and closed on 6/12/20. Haven't heard or received anything yet. Good luck with yours. 👍

Still nothing here. No update on ebenefits or a letter. Maybe today will be my lucky day...doubtful though. I figured if ebennies doesnt update today, then come the 1st, it will still be the same then also. How many times can a person check that site a day...HUNDREDS lol. Good luck.

Once you see the claim in the historical past claims and appeals it usually happens in a day or two if not call the 827 and Or visit your RO if your able to and they can print out what is in their system...

On my husbands appeal with bva.  He was awarded a 20% increase in diabetes.  And was remanded back for renal disease  and iu.  That was done on May 30th.  Shouldn’t the increase show up in disabilities?  Or shouldn’t at least show as pending disabilities?

Everyone, all together now:

No one knows how long it takes VA to do anything, and especially not VA.  The VA is anal about not giving "time frames", they say, because all claims are different.  Contrast this to social security, where your claim has to be completed in 120 days or the fur flies.  

Even the courts support VA's position.  https://www.veteranslawblog.org/writ-of-mandamus/