Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Award Specifics..should Tdiu Been Awarded Sooner?

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

We have discussed this together and have decided that we should share the entire award with the Hadit Fambly. Because there were many many issues on this claim we feel we should limit the topics to one at a time. We will need your advise but we will need to stay organized so we can continue to work this claim.

We feel that there will be changes coming in benefits over the next few years, and although the award is 100% TDIU- the disability percentage is not. Sooo with this in mind we will be continuing to work the claims for increases in the ratings.

We hope we can all learn from this as it certainly covers alot of stuff on one claim. SUGGESTION is to start with the TDIU and effective date topic. We think TDIU should have been awarded sooner. What do you all think?

The result of the decision was as follows: TDIU 100% effective August 2006.

Your overall rating is 60% from Feb 06 with entitlement to the 100% rate based on IU from AUG 06. We do not add the individual percentages of each condition to determine your rating. We used a combined rating table that consider the effect from the most serious to the least serious condtions.

Coronary Artery Disease- 30% Feb 06

DMII- 20% Feb 06

PN left foot 10% Feb 06

PN right foot 10% Feb 06

Hypertension 0% Feb 06

ED 0% Feb 06

TDIU granted (60%)effective- AUG06

Please keep in mind there was no change in rating or any added disabilities to the award between FEB and AUG. The only thing that was new was the TDIU claim form that Berta told us to mail (thanks Berta) for TDIU in August.

Denied-

hyperlipidemia

bilateral hearing loss

tinnitis

PTSD

Claimed but not addressed by the VA in the award letter:

Gastrointestinal problems

Depression

cataracts

Edited by jangrin

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest jangrin
"We have discussed this together and have decided that we should share the entire award with the Hadit Fambly."

Am I the only one who thought that each of us would be getting a check in the mail from jangrin?

:o

-- John D.

JohnD,

I love it--- that is awwsome---and you will recieve some of the award--as we are sending Tbird a check and she shares with all the vets....so you are going to recieve some benefit--only problem is... Tbird spends it for you---:rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

since you have his heart condition SC and almost all of us die as a result of heart failure that should ensure DIC if and when that time comes, TDIU is about the safest rating there is, since they made it P&T that means the file is headed for long term storage, they have other problems to deal with, you have nothing to gain by having the individual problems get higher %'s it will not change the TDIU check. I think other than asking for an earlier date to match his SSD eligibility you might want to consider letting sleeping dogs lay, you have won the brass ring he is rated 100% for pay purposes and the only way to really lose it, is for him to go back to work and get a W-2 or a 1099 issued and then you will have problems, if that isn't being thought about, it might be time to retire from the fight. Because now by reopening claims issues they can re-evaluate opening claims back up puts all ratings at risk and as we know the VA can take away what the VA gives. You need to decide is opening the claim back up worth it, and what will it change? Think about it before you take any action

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Jan and Chuckles:

Thanks for thinking of T-Bird its a great time to do it when you have some money in your pocket.

Don't forget that each win gives hope to those who wait. In fact a win tells me that others are closer.

What gets to me sometimes is that any Vet has to wait.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Guest jangrin
since you have his heart condition SC and almost all of us die as a result of heart failure that should ensure DIC if and when that time comes, TDIU is about the safest rating there is, since they made it P&T that means the file is headed for long term storage, they have other problems to deal with, you have nothing to gain by having the individual problems get higher %'s it will not change the TDIU check. I think other than asking for an earlier date to match his SSD eligibility you might want to consider letting sleeping dogs lay, you have won the brass ring he is rated 100% for pay purposes and the only way to really lose it, is for him to go back to work and get a W-2 or a 1099 issued and then you will have problems, if that isn't being thought about, it might be time to retire from the fight. Because now by reopening claims issues they can re-evaluate opening claims back up puts all ratings at risk and as we know the VA can take away what the VA gives. You need to decide is opening the claim back up worth it, and what will it change? Think about it before you take any action

Mike,

We have been talking about this also. The problem is-what happens if the VA decides to change the rules and eliminate the TDIU for those veterans that recieve SS and are over the age of 65.Saying they shouldn't be allowed SS and TDIU since they are retirement age and would be retired anyway. I just think there are going to be some changes as more and more veterans apply for VA compensation-especially with the IRAQI vets being sent to Iranq 2 and 3 times. Please- I would really appreciate comments from ALL on this subject of benefits being changed after we have all of the "task force" and "special" investigations into the VA problems.

Also can they review everything when you file for a reconsideration because I think we will be doing that as opposed to filing an appeal.

What do you all think?

Edited by jangrin

• HadIt.com Elder

Jan:

I would not worry about that cause it is not going to happen.

Pete

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

With democrats in the majority I don't think any one will mess with IU vets for many years to come. The thing about IU is that once you get it the only way to lose it is to go back to work since being unemployable is the basis of IU. Like Testvet says the VA has other fish to fry like covering their asses.