Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension And Asthma

Rate this question

Stilt

Question

Can anyone tell me definitively, whether hypertension and Asthma are compensable pursuant to an Agent Orange (in-country Vietnam) claim? I've read some posts here and elsewhere reporting that VA doctors after examining a claimant's civilian medical records noted that the claimant had contracted Asthma and/or hypertension and included those two deceases as ratable claims. Maybe these are inaccurate reports which often happen when a story gets repeated several times. I've submitted two claims (Diabetes Type 2 and Prostate Cancer). I am trying to decide if I should amend my original claim to include hypertension and Asthma. Both of these will be noted in my civilian medical records as I have been prescribed meds.

The funny thing is I began experiencing symptoms of Asthma right about the same time my Type 2 Diabetes was diagnose (1995), hypertension about two years later. At the time, I thought the problem was an allergy. It got so bad where I needed an inhaler which I still use today. I never had allergies or breathing related problems until 1995 at the age of 45.

Edited by Stilt

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I notice that submited for PC and DMII. You should make sure you get started on getting your doctor's record's pull, and all doctor's that have work on you. On your Hypertension acn be secondary to your DMII. Have had any stents or saw a heart doctor . You about my age and watchout for your Prostate problem. God bless your fight and KEEP ON TRUCKIN!

Ps: make sure if you are married that you claim your wife!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

Thank you sir.

I notice that submited for PC and DMII. You should make sure you get started on getting your doctor's record's pull, and all doctor's that have work on you. On your Hypertension acn be secondary to your DMII. Have had any stents or saw a heart doctor . You about my age and watchout for your Prostate problem. God bless your fight and KEEP ON TRUCKIN!

Ps: make sure if you are married that you claim your wife!

Thank you sir.

I have alone war to go, and a small Hill to climb! lam son 719

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"