Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Winter Blues

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

Hello all from Eastern Oregon,

It is always a hard transition into the winter months and the shorter days. I get on this site everyday to see and hear how other vets are doing. It is always good to hear the success stories. I have been rewarded SSD soley on my service connection disabilitys and have had my TDIU claim in since april. It has been in the decision phase for the last 3 months. I have read on here that SSD is a positive factor when attempting for TDIU. Has anyone been turned down TDIU while being awarded SSD based off of service connection alone? Im at 90 percent now so we will see. Anyway I wish you all the best and happy thanksgiving!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was turned down by VA while being on SSD for VA service connected condition alone. The VA nitpicked by IMO's and came up with something they could raise an issue about to say that my real reason for being unable to work was due to non-VA and non-SSD reason. I just appealed it and got another IMO and won, but it pissed me off and was a very blatant attempt to deny my TDIU.

• HadIt.com Elder

Willie you are right about winter blues my uncle had it and would sit under a bright light for hours each day. He swore it helped him a lot.

Good luck with your claim

Willie- make sure you inform the VA of the SSA award.

Great news that you have received that.

We get many gray days here in NY this time of year.I live on the Allegheny Mt plateau so that too factors in- as I wake up inside clouds sometimes.

I bought one of those lamps that duplicates sunlight like Pete mentioned.With the recent time change (EST)it helps acclimate ones self to less natural light.

I have a timer for my deck lights to turn on at dusk.In the summer it goes on around 9 PM. The other day it went on at 3:50 PM.

Edited by Berta

I have the sun lamp on the way now. The VA has recieved my award letter from SSD about three months ago. The positive thing is the snow, it can be nice at times. Thanks for the responses!!