Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Can I Go To Ro And Review My C File And Add Additional Documents?

Rate this question

walt

Question

Hello everyone,'

I had another c and p exam the 24th of January by va Dr.and it was in my favor.(I think) .Panic disorder. Gaf score 60. I also have an IMO from a local phychiatrist saying Panic disoder with agroaphobia and secondary generalized anxiety disorder.GAF 50 with highest level being 60. In the diagnostic assessment he said axis III copd,coronary disease,history of prostate cancer,osteoarthritis. He stated Specifically then in regards to the patients illness and his military service I can say clearly that this illness began during his military service however I can not say with certainty whether his military service caused this illness. Here is my problem and Question,I have submitted several Buddy letters, from friends telling about my chronic anxiety and low back pain.I also have an IMO from a Physcian assistant at the local clinic telling about both,a letter from a fellow soldier telling of them.I have called people at 1000 number several times and they cannot find them.They do not show at "what have we received" on ebenefits.I wrote iris about three months ago and got a reply first week or two of Jan. saying that my c file was in Nashville c and p and they could not answer my Question.As I said I had the c and p exam the 24th of Jan.I called three times last week and left a message telling them I wanted to know if these documents were in my c file..no return call.I called Murfreesboro c and p and they gave me number of supervisor and the Dr.in charge. I called the supevisor this past Friday and she first told me she would send c file back to louisville that day. Then after I asked her about Louisville asking for the exam I had on 24 Jan.Plus an opinion as whether or not the copd,hypertension,and preventricular contractions I had claimed and denied for in 2000 were related or not to the same conditions I have now.and When I told her that she asked me to wait on hold.After a few minutes she came back and said she was going to have check further.She promised me she would call me back Friday and it would probably be late in the afternoon.No call back.I am begnning to get a little paranoid here.I do have congressional involvement (not by my doing ,but someone thinking they were helping without my knowledge) Could this be the reason the all clam up when they find that out? I was approved for emergency expedition for financial and health reasons back in June.Any advice ,thoughts and what to do is appreciated.I am not ignoring all the elders that I have already talked to,just trying to make sense of all this and not make wrong move. Thank you all,kindly. Walt

Walter A. Brazelton SR.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the waiting game. At this point all you can do is wait. You can go to the RO and review your records but you have to set up an appointment. Your claim is close to a rating and you can cause further delay by requesting information from your file. It is not standard procedure for the VA to comfirm information in a file.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Walt

Are you a Vietnam Vet?

No John I am not.If you are asking because of the prostate cancer I was in korea for 13 months.Missed presumptive date by about about 5 months. If I understand correctly, presumptive date for prostate cancer is1 April 68 and I left there in November 67.I still claimed it though,contending it was there prior to presumptive date. I was tdy to DMZ twice..sent pictures of barren ground with claim I THINK.I was there (DMZ) as ambulance support for a week or two while engeneers? were building fence across DMZ and again for three weeks attending Ingin Scout (acta) school..I also worked for years in surgery and all thruout the Hospital.I claimed exposure to all the chemicals I was exposed to on a daily basis ,such as formaldyhde,benzine,zylene and others,all carcinogins?.Also was stationed at FT. Mcclellan,Al three times..Chemical warfare school was located there and Anniston Army Depot couple miles away and I was at times there...Also at last visit to my urologist, he said ,"you will get it on your prostate".Now I do not know if he knows something I do not,or was just not familiar with claims process or presumptive dates,etc. I have found in my va medical records which the va is supposed to have,that he made a comment I was impotent or erectile dysfunction due to prostate cancer and radiation treatments,but I decided to let that lie.and maybe it would be inferred ? Anyway it is all on record for whatever benefit if any. Thank you for your reply and advice.

Walter A. Brazelton SR.

Welcome to the waiting game. At this point all you can do is wait. You can go to the RO and review your records but you have to set up an appointment. Your claim is close to a rating and you can cause further delay by requesting information from your file. It is not standard procedure for the VA to comfirm information in a file.

Thank you kindly Sharon for your reply. How well I know about the waiting game...been waiting 12 years.I do not know about va confirming info in cfile but I thought they listed everyhing on ebenefits ,"."'what we have received .I sent about five buddy letters months ago plus two IMO's and a letter from a fellow soldier that I recuited with while on active duty,telling about the anxiety and low back pain . I sure hope you are right about it being close to a rating and am especially glad you used "rating" vs. Decision! It was in decision phase and then sent back to developement and Nashville c and p for an exam on chronic anxiety (I was in Dr.s office just a few minutes .Appt was at 1:30 I was a little early but at 2:07 I walked onto parking lot wih copy of a very good report in my hand and this was after going to travel and release of info to get it! ) and statement saying something to this effect..in absence of imo please furnish opinion as to whether conditions claimed....copd,heart fltters (PVC's),htn are related to conditions claimed.These are conditions claimed and denied in 2000 saying neither occurred in or a result of being in service yet in preceding paragraph of rating decision they stated I had summitted smrs showing diagnosis of.Then they said they requested smrs from St. Louis and St. louis said they sent then but we have not received them. If these records are subsquently received claim will be reconsidered with date of claim protection......Now a few days after this visit I got an iris saying they could not answer my question about these documents mentioned above because c file was still in Nashville.and had not been sent back to Louisville . I called nashville c and p three times in four days.. left mesage as to why I was calling and no return call..so I called Murfreesboro cand p and they gave me number of Nashville supervisor and head Dr. of c and p.I called supervisor this past friday..She said I will make sure your c file is sent back to Louisville today. Then I asked her about the conditions they wanted an opinion on..she put me on hold a few minutes..came back and said"I am going to have do some checking on this and I will call you back,it may be late this afternoon but I WILL call you back".....nothing..so I guess maybe I will see if she .calls today and if not call again tommorrow. I THINK but not sure that whoever the rater is,he or she are trying to give me the original claim and if not able to,

then TDIU.

couple more things please. Going thru my va medical records from Biloxi MS.for around 2008 .My wounderful GYN primary care Dr.,A female ,did a prostate exam and a psa of 5.15 or 5.75 was noted in records and not a word said to me.It was not untille I was assigned another PC Dr.and he found it although that high he said he was not worried about how high, but how fast it was going up and ordered a biopsy.Positive one core the other 9 or so negative...Moved to Ky.and had external beam radiation in summer of 2010 and so far so good. last psa 0.02. or 0.002 not sure but about as low as can be. next..First visit to pc Dr. at Murfreesboro had o see a fill in because she was not there that day.He wrote in records I had Prostate cancer-Metastic wanna see anxiety,panic attacks with agroaphobia and every else than can kick in?Read that in your records when you have been told it is confined to the organ.!!!! I immediately opened klonipin botle and shook out a hand full!!! kidding on that one. They made him call me personally and appologize and say he was wrong. Now I know anyone can make mistakes but if I or someone else had not noticed the error it could have had devestating outcome.

Question is do I have any recourse on the two incidents? John999 if you or anyone else reads this consider it addressed to you as well as Sharon because of this great one finger typing I do. God Bless all of you and thank you again for all you do for Veterans .

Regards,Walt

Walter A. Brazelton SR.