• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secure Message to Primary Care

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

I have been using secure message to my PC all the time but now

all my messages goes to a nurse or somebody and then they send me a reply

we will forward this to your PC doctor.

1) why would I use a secure message to my doctor just to have someone else read it??

2) this got to some law for this right???

3) a secure message should be between you and the doctor and if anyone else read it is this secure???

4) it got to be a law for this kind of crap isn't it ??? I just cant find it

• HadIt.com Elder

Secure messaging goes to the health team and the intake person of these messages is a clerk. Not a Nurse.They forward it to nurses and doctors on your assigned team.

J

As I said before its not right and my messages always went to the doctor not no dam

nurse. I once had a NP as my primary that didn't last long A nurse practicing medicine on me

Never will. If you got a doctor who you cant talk to in private get rid of that piece crap. he don't care for you

he work for VA. I don't know how you think this is right. When you send a secure message to your doctor

does it have your doctor name or your nurse name from the pull down menu?????  If that nurse name is not listed

but she read your message that's ok with yall. Not me and I have told them I don't want no nurse reading a message to my doctor.

I will take it to the higher up to get an answer to why is somebody else reading a SECURE MESSAGE  to my doctor. I don't know any nurse

but I know my doctor.

• HadIt.com Elder

PUREADY

I'm not sure as to what to tell you, but if this is bothering you a lot you may cancel your ebenfits account all together,

I find the account pretty convenient ...for medical purposes/ appointment's/ refill meds ect,,ect,,

I'm not so much on claims   unless I was filing for the first time ...being at 100% TDIU P&T if I file for a new claim I do it snail mail, because there is no hurry for me  like they would be with new returning war veterans filing there claims for the first time

I am far from being a rich man  what I get from the VA Pays my Bills/feeds this family and helps keep a roof over our heads

I can't say to much for VA Health  Care We all know how that is  but when its all you got...why complain?

Unless you have good private medical Insurance and can use the private sector.

I hope you can get your problem solved very soon but if not  just delete the Account.

jmo

................Buck

If your VA PC Dr's nurse screening your msg is a big deal, ask her to have your Dr call you. Just explain that your not comfortable discussing your issue with the nurse. Then set back and wait for the call or send another msg every day till you get the return call, "Squeaky Wheel gets the Grease."

Even if it took a day or 2, still faster than a letter or trying to,get a quick appointment, right. For the most part, you can forget about trying to call the VMC and get your PC Dr on the phone. The Dr calling you is a different story.

I've used Secure Msg since it's  inception and really can't fault it. All my msg are generally answered within 1 business day or sooner, if sent the night before.

As for "Secure Message," all VA Nurses and other clinicians as well as Medical record personnel are covered by HIPPA rules and regulations when it comes to your privacy issues. 

I'd be concerned and probably more hesitant,  if my relative or neighbor was my PC Dr's nurse but everyone's comfort level is different. 

Semper Fi

PUREADY

I'm not sure as to what to tell you, but if this is bothering you a lot you may cancel your ebenfits account all together,

I find the account pretty convenient ...for medical purposes/ appointment's/ refill meds ect,,ect,,

I'm not so much on claims   unless I was filing for the first time ...being at 100% TDIU P&T if I file for a new claim I do it snail mail, because there is no hurry for me  like they would be with new returning war veterans filing there claims for the first time

I am far from being a rich man  what I get from the VA Pays my Bills/feeds this family and helps keep a roof over our heads

I can't say to much for VA Health  Care We all know how that is  but when its all you got...why complain?

I hope you can get your problem solved very soon but if not  just delete the Account.

jmo

................Buck

We have tried, i dont have anything more to say.

PUREADY

jmo

................Buck

you still don't understand the problem just because VA tell you something

they are not always right. Just look at all the employees stealing money

that suppose to go to the veterans someone just posted this broncovet I believe

but you all a sudden you believe they are right that's on you and why are their appeals

so far back with no decisions. Because VA make bad decision VA is not always right

by doing anything for vets and if you don't speak up about it than the problem will

always be there. IF you got your answer why are you still posting??? I haven't got mines

yet and as always its your call about what you think is right and what VA tell you whats right