Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Hadit.com

Rate this question

deanbrt

Question

I saw the moderator response so the Rating team subject and its closing and I had had it with this site. I am very disappointed by the lack of knowledge I see and the willingness to overlook the circumstances of some veterans in preference to others, rather than supporting all.....

• HadIt.com Elder

deanbrt - sorry but I don't know what you're talking about. Sorry you couldn't find what you wanted, here, but sometimes the free help you get here is worth just what you paid for it, which I believe was zero. I, personally, think we do a pretty fair job, for a bunch of disabled vets, who "volunteer" their time here! Good luck in your quest, whatever it is! jmo

pr

I saw the moderator response so the Rating team subject and its closing and I had had it with this site. I am very disappointed by the lack of knowledge I see and the willingness to overlook the circumstances of some veterans in preference to others, rather than supporting all.....

Dean,

Could be a misunderstanding, or this board might not be a good fit for you.

I frequented another veterans' site before Hadit and was running into conflict; I've felt much more at home here so Hadit is where I dwell.

I hope you find the assistance you're looking for and thank you for your service! :smile:

"He is resting on SSA records to prove his claim."

Totally wrong. The only reason my SS records are an issue is that they had to be part of the record ( I think it was you that noted that). The real issue here is that there seems to be a lack of knowledge about impact the Nehmer cases are having on other claims or an attempt to downplay it. I would encourage consideration be given to vawatchdogtoday.org and statesidelegal.org for those that share my concern.

Thanks for the posts, Notorious and Phil. : )

I was so angry at first at this that I didn't want to reply-

until I calmed down.

This veteran (I have search through many of his posts)has never told us so far exactly what his claim is about.

He is resting on SSA records to prove his claim.

I can understand is frustration that none of us have a crystal ball to determine how long anything will take-

but if the SSA records are SOLEY for the same 30% SC he has now- Yes they will help him.

I dont even know if he requested TDIU.

If the SSA award is based on multiple disabilities which his IMOs will support as SC-then the SSA records will help.

I had 3 IMos which were ignored for 6 years at the RO level.

I mean ignored and never opined on or acknowledged by the VA.An SSOC indicated that my vet rep- who was supposed to present them( 2 at that time)formally to the DRO -the SSOC indicates he never did but he called me both before and after this double DRO review (I asked them to CUE the first one)and he said the DRO told him when he handed her the IMOS that she "couldn't read them" but would order a VA C & P opinion.

I said to the rep-=if she cant read my IMos how the hell can sHe read a C & P exam report?

He assured me that they would be considered along with the C & P exam report.

They again were ignored.

I sent them to then Sec Mansfield and gave himj postage to submit them to the VARO. His office did that.Again they were ignored.

I am so angry that my entire post was messed up-

however-i THINK THIS WAS PART OF THE REST OF THE POST i MADE sorry for caPS i AM TOO ANGRY TO FIX

So I can understand this vet's frustration as he says the IMOs support his claim.

But this claim has been to higher VA levels then the people I dealt with at the VARO level.That was my point

This shows me that something is definitely lacking in these IMOs and the SSA records might not help at all (Unless the SSA award is solely for SC disability that is 30% SC now.And in that case TDIU should have been filed for.

We dont even know what you are claiming or if the VA rejected your IMOs because they were not even viable as to providing a full medical rationale.

Vietnam veterans were already our nation's blame targets after the war.

Blaming them due to the Nehmer Court Order for delaying your claim is ridiculous.

There is something wrong with your evidence.THAT is the problem with your claim.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

My claim was not the subject but for some reason you brought it up. The subject was the Nehmer claims and how they are impacting other claims. The veterans here deserve to know.

Your making hasty assumptions on my claim smacks to me of a degree of vindictiveness.

It is enough for you to know that a legal team of some repute took my claim on over two years ago and has been overseeing it since. They tend not to take these cases unless there is a high probability of success.

Did you read the portion of the Maine VARO letter I posted? (see below) No one is blaming Vietnam era vets (of which I am one). Those are your words. I really feel if you are going to let your anger get the better of you like this, you should consider taking a break from moderating. Sure hope you have a Happy Easter with family and friends.

"Despite the large volumeand the fact that these cases are proving to be very complex and timeconsuming, we

have a mandate to complete the entire Nehmerproject before October 1, 201l. To have any chance of meeting

this target, it was necessary to shift much of theclaims- processing capacity of the Togus Regional Office to

this special project and, unfortunately, this hasdealt a severe blow to our ability to process our normal

workload of claims for Maine veterans and theirdependents in a timely manner.

For many years, Togus took pride in beingrecognized as an office that consistently completed quality claims

much faster than the national average. In terms oftimeliness, this is no longer the case, and it will be some time

before we can make that claim again. As always, wewill continue to give expedited service to those claims

involving a documented terminal illness or severefinancial hardship. But aside from these special cases, it is

extremely difficult for us to provide meaningfulestimates of when any other individual claims will be

completed. In many cases, we anticipateunavoidable delays of three months or more beyond the normal

processing time.

I can assure you that we are making every possibleeffort to complete the Nehmer project as soon as possible

and to process all claims in our jurisdiction in athorough and accurate manner and to complete them as soon as

possible. I apologize for these unusual andunavoidable delays and beg your continued patience and

understanding as we work our way through thisprocess. "

I am so angry that my entire post was messed up-

however-i THINK THIS WAS PART OF THE REST OF THE POST i MADE sorry for caPS i AM TOO ANGRY TO FIX

So I can understand this vet's frustration as he says the IMOs support his claim.

But this claim has been to higher VA levels then the people I dealt with at the VARO level.That was my point

This shows me that something is definitely lacking in these IMOs and the SSA records might not help at all (Unless the SSA award is solely for SC disability that is 30% SC now.And in that case TDIU should have been filed for.

We dont even know what you are claiming or if the VA rejected your IMOs because they were not even viable as to providing a full medical rationale.

Vietnam veterans were already our nation's blame targets after the war.

Blaming them due to the Nehmer Court Order for delaying your claim is ridiculous.

There is something wrong with your evidence.THAT is the problem with your claim.

Not sure why you are jumping on Berta but I personally will stand up for her!! She has helped MANY Veterans on here and her answering your posts is a true sign she is trying to help.

If you are a troll or someone just feeling like stirring up the pot here on Hadit, forget about it! We help all veterans and we (most) are veterans or wifes that really care for veterans and try and HELP the best we can with our experience of dealing with the VA and our limited resources. Why you are attacking and flaming an elder is beyond me.

By the why she is NOT a MOD!

You owe her an apology at the very least!

Welcome home brother!