Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Should I Be Worried

Rate this question

deviant

Question

My TDIU wasnt permanent and total, Just got a letter saying they are scheduling another exam. Should I be worried? During the past year I havent worked and social security was approved so I dont really know the next step. Havent been on here for awhile, have been helping a couple friends that were combat wounded. Gave them a place to stay, put them in the direction of the same people that helped me get my stuff done. One ended up TDIU and the other at 70% with a decent job. Having three people in a house that all have the same issues was comforting in a way, everyone knows what the deal is so none of us were looking at each other like lunatics. Getting someone to go to walmart was a pain in the ass but you cant have it all :) Anyway I just thought Id ask if there should be any problems

IFOR : Bosnia

SFOR: Bosnia

Task Force Able Sentry

Task force Falcon IEF

KFOR: Kosovo

Operation Enduring Freedom

baaa baa blah spit sputter blah spit bah is what I told my C&P examiner and then I farted... Still trying to keep my sad sense of humor

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can ask them to make your TDIU Permanent if you can get a Doc to say you are not able to work period. Not always an easy thing to do. I don't really see anything to worry about unless you go back to work again

Congrats and good luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

My TDIU wasnt permanent and total, Just got a letter saying they are scheduling another exam. Should I be worried?

How long ago was IU granted ?

Have you called and asked what the exam is for ?

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Im 33 and Ive had it for a year 8 months ago Social Security was approved, The top of the exam said the reason was for OTHER, went to the federal building and they said it was for an older claim from 2005, called the 800 number and they said it was for a review and that I had no open claims? Who do I believe? These people are starting to test my patience again

IFOR : Bosnia

SFOR: Bosnia

Task Force Able Sentry

Task force Falcon IEF

KFOR: Kosovo

Operation Enduring Freedom

baaa baa blah spit sputter blah spit bah is what I told my C&P examiner and then I farted... Still trying to keep my sad sense of humor

• HadIt.com Elder

Call the C&P scheduling office, at your RO, and ask them what it is for. The appointment sheet they sent you should say on it what it is for. I wouldn't be too testy w/them. You're only 33yo and they are paying you well. I suggest you not screw it up! jmo

pr

Im 33 and Ive had it for a year 8 months ago Social Security was approved, The top of the exam said the reason was for OTHER, went to the federal building and they said it was for an older claim from 2005, called the 800 number and they said it was for a review and that I had no open claims? Who do I believe? These people are starting to test my patience again

Deviant = I sure bust out laughing at what you did at the C & P exam.

It sounds to me as though you have a sense of humor that ALL VA claimants need sometimes.

I dont think you have any cause to worry about the TDIU.

Was the SSA approved for the exact same thing you got the TDIU for?

If so did the VA know of the SSA award?

"said it was for an older claim from 2005"

Could that be possible that you did have an older claim that,for some reason the VA has revisited because they might have erred if they denied it?

That might be a long shot guess on my part but still- the VA needs clear and convincing evidence to attempt to take away any veteran's TDIU.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.