Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Changing Tdiu To 100% Schedular

Rate this question

cooter

Question

What is the common procedure when your rated TDIU and later awarded enough ratings to qualify for 100% schedular and you want to have it changed.

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I believe the VA will do it on it's own - when the time comes for your re-evaulation of TDIU. Personlally I'll leave it alone unless there is a job you are wishing to work currently.

War is a country of will. There is no room for sympathy. If you're not willing to give up everything, you've already lost.”

- Act of Valor -

.Thanks PR & Medic. I been wondering about that for a long time and didn't know how they do it, or if they did it at all. Now That I have your guys attention..lol..How do they configure your % ratings for SMC if your TDIU on a single rating? Lets say I am rated at 60-20-10 and was granted TDIU just on the 60%. Will they figure the other 2, "20-10" with the required 60 to make it 160% total? Hope you understand what I'm trying to say...lol

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Coot - you'll need another 60%, in addition to the 60% used for TDIU. Also they use the combined ratings table, which I, personally, disagree with, especially if the claimant has a single 100% rating. Just another way of screwing the vet.

pr

OK, Thanks John. Just to clarify, will they use my other 20 & 10 for the 60?

Coot

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!