VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Got Out... Wondering What I Should Expect In Dealing With The Va

Rate this question

spc0726

Question

I recently was honorably discharged and was advised to quick start my VA claim and did so. The VA on post has the following on my packet to get submitted for compensation: pseudofolliculitis barbae, asthma, allergic rhinitis, migraine headaches, cervical thoracic lumbar spine condition, sleep disorder (insomnia), nightmare disorder, adjustment disorder, and depression. I have two appointment, one physical and mental this week. After my appointments how long will it be before my benefits kick in and what percentage will each of my claims be or better yet be combined? thx for any answers or help...

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm assuming you got no buyout or money at discharge. Claims can take from 90 days to 10 yrs. VA says average is about 145 days or something like that. As to what you'll be rated - who knows! With all those conditions we could never even guess, without knowing way more specifics. If you got buyout money, it must be paid back before you ever see any cash from VA. Good luck! Sit back and enjoy the ride. jmo

pr

I recently was honorably discharged and was advised to quick start my VA claim and did so. The VA on post has the following on my packet to get submitted for compensation: pseudofolliculitis barbae, asthma, allergic rhinitis, migraine headaches, cervical thoracic lumbar spine condition, sleep disorder (insomnia), nightmare disorder, adjustment disorder, and depression. I have two appointment, one physical and mental this week. After my appointments how long will it be before my benefits kick in and what percentage will each of my claims be or better yet be combined? thx for any answers or help...

Welcome, Spc, and thank you for your service.

Good news is: recent servicemembers seem to be getting thru faster than some older ones.

No one can begin to guess what or when you may be awarded.

It's best to figure long term and not count on money anytime soon.

Good luck! smile.png

• HadIt.com Elder

Your best shot is to get these conditions service connected within a year or two after discharge so go for it now. The more time goes by the less your chances.