Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Called Bob

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

Hey, Vets. This works great. I called Bob on Wednesday. Thursday morning the BVA gomer calls to find out whazzup. Then today the DRO calls up to say they are doing my DRO (which I didn't ask for) on my NOD of my CUE denial for a rating reduction. VA Seattle is 545 days out on DRO reviews. I submitted the NOD on 4/30/2014. The DRO asked me what I wanted. 100% from 1994 and SMC S.

http://asknod.wordpress.com/2014/10/03/vasec-what-happens-when-you-call-bob/

onward thru the fog. Vote for Bob.

Edited by asknod

• HadIt.com Elder

I called him too, left a message and emailed him and sent a letter with all copies of emails and letters to Ms. Laura H Eskenazi which she or her staff never even bothered to reply. If he cannot help me then I give up. Will let you know

Never give up. You earned the benefits

Just received a call today from a local girl today as a follow up to my email... Basically all she did was go over the NOD process with me over the phone. She was helpful and friendly but I'm still stuck at shooting for the DRO hearing and the long, drawn out wait...

The lady helping me here is local in Las Vegas, and works for the VA, her title is "Congressional Analyst." She called twice yesterday, once this morning, and is really trying to help get my issues resolved ASAP.

Honestly, I'm pretty blown away by her response thus far.

Well received Letter from RO for BVA Traveling law judge for 11/05 Wednesday at 10.30 am Thanks BOB. Will let all know what the outcome is. I have solid evidence for my case which I was told to bring to the hearing. 42 months from the NOD for IU tinnitus sleep apnea. My VSO which will be with me not that I need him said we look real good.

I can not tell you how much I hope that I am EXACTLY wrong. However, this method seems so simple and obvious, why did it not happen decades ago? In other words if there was "one" VA honcho where we could email our beef with the VA, and "poof", our problem was solved, then why could this have not happened earlier??

Pardon me while I crawl out from under neath the bus I was thrown under for even "suggesting" that maybe this new head honcho is going to be just like the last 5 or 6 head honchos of VA: Big promises, few results. Last I checked the last VA head honcho made big promises and went backwards..the backlog grew longer, (instead of shorter) including/especially the VA appointment backlog. Of course, Shinseki had an excuse: He "didnt know" they were faking the numbers for all those bonuses he approved. "Oh but this time it will be different..no shredding THIS time." Yea, right. The last time a Regional Office director got caught shredding in Cleveland, they promoted her, so that problem is obviously "fixed" right? Note: I tried to find the link for the Cleveland RO director who was caught shredding, and then promoted to VACO, but the link was taken down. However, here is one more recent: SSDD:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local/rep-turner-calls-promotion-of-dayton-va-official-a/nMpyH/

I have thought..for years, that there "should" be someone in VA that we could complain to (without fear of retailiation) that could/would ACTUALLY solve our problem...and for years, I have been disappointed. Paranoid thinking? Probably. I wonder why they even needed "Whistleblower" legislation to prevent those whistleblowers from being retaliated on?

Many of those whistle blowers at VA just dont seem to make out well:

(NOTICE: The Whistleblower protection is for EMPLOYEES, no whistleblower protection for VETERANS)

http://www.va.gov/oig/hotline/whistleblower-protection.asp

I wonder what happens when a Veteran complains under the whistleblower protection plan, to the VAOIG, when it is the VAOIG who retaliated on the Veteran whistleblower????

That is like complaining to the police officer who arrests you that you dont like they way he is treating you.

Edited by broncovet