Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Called Bob

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

Hey, Vets. This works great. I called Bob on Wednesday. Thursday morning the BVA gomer calls to find out whazzup. Then today the DRO calls up to say they are doing my DRO (which I didn't ask for) on my NOD of my CUE denial for a rating reduction. VA Seattle is 545 days out on DRO reviews. I submitted the NOD on 4/30/2014. The DRO asked me what I wanted. 100% from 1994 and SMC S.

http://asknod.wordpress.com/2014/10/03/vasec-what-happens-when-you-call-bob/

onward thru the fog. Vote for Bob.

Edited by asknod

I sent an email to "Bob" on my husband's behalf. Received a reply within 15 minutes and before I had time to tell darling husband what I did, he received a phone call from BVA attorney wanting to know how he could help. Fortunately, darling husband is fairly quick and responded "you need to talk to my wife, I have no idea what you are talking about"! This was one of those cases of "better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission"! His opinion has always been "it will happen when the time comes, my VSO is handling it"! Fortunately I'm not so easily accepting. Anyway I had a few discussions with the BVA attorney to be sure I was dotting all i's and crossing t's then sent all pertinent documents along with a Motion to Advance on the Docket (which I also drafted myself) with a new letter from his VA doctor and overnighted it to the BVA in mid-October. Motion was granted in mid-November and we are now waiting on decision. It was based on CUE so should be quick decision. Here is original post relating our/his claim.

Special thanks goes to AskNod for his invaluable advice. Oh, and for those who are wondering it looks like my husband may let me live to see our 45th anniversary.

My main issues , when I sent Bob 2 initial emails, really had nothing specifically to do with my claims.....

It had to do with what I contacted the FBI about. And that did include something odd about what the RO told me as to a New claim I had....

My third email however revealed the fact that my RO cannot read.

Dinnard,

Veteran's spouses like you often go unrecognized and unappreciated for the hard work and time they put in making sure their veterans receive the VA benefits they earned and deserve. I have found that some of the most knowledgeable members on this website are veteran's spouses. I admire and respect people like you, Berta, NavyWife and other veteran's spouses who do so much for their spouses and probably don't have much time or energy left to do things for themselves.

Thank you for your efforts to help your husband and please express my thanks to your husband for his military service.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Thanks georgiapapa! Today hubby received his first full check including the dependency pay! That's sure nice to see in the bank account, but I do feel like I aged 5 years over the past 12 months of researching & being worried about his claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have emailed Bob around three times about my treatment at the VA Hospital here in Tampa. I never heard back, but I have had calls from local VA dorks. I don't think that one person can resolved the millions of claims and complaints that come into the VA. Maybe Bob can break-up the logjam for a while. Strike while the iron is hot is a good idea. Regression to the Mean will occur over time which means it will the be the same old VA again soon. In the meantime you still have to play the game with their rules if you want to win a claim. I do have a couple of new claims for Housing Adaptation and for Unauthorized Benefits. I will see if Bob can help me with that.

I was told by VA staffer that my local VARO gets over 10,000 pieces of mail a day and this was ten years ago. Imagine the mailroom at the local VARO!! Is it run by monkeys, humans or machines? VA is an example of a government institution that does not respond to its citizens. I don't believe in the Tooth Fairy, so I know "BOB" will pass since all things must pass. Waiting on the VA to decide my claim at federal court I may "pass" before I get the right decision or any decision.

John