Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Called Bob

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

Hey, Vets. This works great. I called Bob on Wednesday. Thursday morning the BVA gomer calls to find out whazzup. Then today the DRO calls up to say they are doing my DRO (which I didn't ask for) on my NOD of my CUE denial for a rating reduction. VA Seattle is 545 days out on DRO reviews. I submitted the NOD on 4/30/2014. The DRO asked me what I wanted. 100% from 1994 and SMC S.

http://asknod.wordpress.com/2014/10/03/vasec-what-happens-when-you-call-bob/

onward thru the fog. Vote for Bob.

Edited by asknod

I emailed Bob last week and I was just contacted by someone from the Phoenix RO. He said I was finally scheduled for my long awaited DRO hearing for this Nov 19th. Wow that was fast. BTW I didn't asked to be put ahead of anyone in line etc all I asked is someone from the VARO to call me and explain what my status was and correct thier error in the computer system on what I actually put my NOD in for. I put in for Kidney Cancer found within a month of retirement from the USAF and when they inputted the NOD in they put in lower back DDD not Kidney cancer wow what a dumb mistake. I don't have lower back issues not sure where they pulled that from. I couldn't have made it any clearer on the typed paperwork. Well we'll see what happens in a few weeks atleast I'll know if I need to push it to the BVA if the DRO denies it. Thanks for the contact info for Bob it really worked better than I ever expected. :biggrin::smile:

manning,

Your goal at the DRO is to

1) verify exactly what issues are under the DRO's jurisdiction for this hearing,

I'd go ahead and mention any downstream issues such as effective dates, if

issue/s are granted.

The effective dates would not actually be under their jurisdiction at this time

but this lets them be aware that your on your toes, without being snitty or

a smart azz.

2) Attack the exact Reasons and Bases in the prior RD that denied or lowballed,

with evidence for rebuttal - you have to AT LEAST get them to weigh the evidence as

being in relative equipoise (you can google this or search thru BVA decisions on line)

for application of the BOD - or just a flat out grant due to the evidence.

Personally, I show up with extra highlighted copies of evidence to leave with them,

everything I want to state is written down and I simply read it verbatim into the record.

I ask the DRO if they have any questions or suggestions of any further evidence needed

to support a grant in full.

If they have suggestions I request the record remain open for X amount of days for me to

produce / submit what else they want.

I conclude stating that if the issues are granted I will consider this appeal satisfied in full,

with no further need for appeal.

I ALWAYS put in writing a request for a copy of my official transcripts - - -

for if I do wind up at BVA or COVA.

I sure hope you can nail it at the DRO Hearing and negate the BVA.

Hope this helps a vet.

Thanks Charlie for all the great information you posted. I just printed this all out so I can complete my overall plan for the DRO meeting. I'll make sure to follow all your great suggestions.

No K9Mal, I have never heard back from the new Sec.

But I think it was the other stuff I mentioned in my email...and I am sure he would check that out with the FBI ,the IG and /or Chairman Miller ( H VAC)

I had a very legitimate gripe about my claim situation and had a link to my Shreddergate testimony in my email,but the other stuff was far more important to me than my claims are .

And , would be to him, I am sure.

The other day I learned that I have 3 pending issues (I thought I had only 2) and that the 1151 claim I filed in 2012 which my VARO had seemed to lose, then it appeared erroneously as a NOD and not a new claim,

has now correctly been changed to a pending issue.

But they also said I was docketed at the BVA in April.On another issue ... I emailed the Ombudsman yesterday to see what that is about.

I would LOVE to be at the BVA but I have no idea what this appeal is for.

No reply from the BVA Ombudsman yet on that.....

I sent a note to Hickey last Wednesday. My claim was completely resolved in my favor today. :) I really can't believe it is over. Special thanks to all on this board that provide advice and direction to my fellow veterans.

Carlie---

That's great info. I especially like the part about writing everything down in advance and then just reading it.

Berta---

Did you send just one email with all of that information and also your personal claim issues? If so, maybe send a second email with only your personal claim issues so that it can be assigned to someone to be resolved.

PintoRacer---

Congratulations, that is great news! Do you mind sharing at what stage your claim was at? Did they call you or email you?

• HadIt.com Elder

The call "Bob" option seems to be working to veteran's benefit. It shows upper management just how screwed up the system can be for individual claims.

Results are sort of in line with what used to happen in the past when a veteran went through a member of congress.

All that aside, I still worry about pending "changes". The reason is basically that past changes have often been labelled as beneficial, when the those benefited

turned out to be the VA, not veterans. For instance, "speeding up the process" has shortened veteran's response times, and NOT the VA's.

The recent outside medical care laws still leave in place a potential that was a reality in the VA "Fee Paid" scheme. Delay!

As long as the VA has to approve outside services, and generate the "paper", delay is likely.