Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Called Bob

Rate this question

FormerMember

Question

Hey, Vets. This works great. I called Bob on Wednesday. Thursday morning the BVA gomer calls to find out whazzup. Then today the DRO calls up to say they are doing my DRO (which I didn't ask for) on my NOD of my CUE denial for a rating reduction. VA Seattle is 545 days out on DRO reviews. I submitted the NOD on 4/30/2014. The DRO asked me what I wanted. 100% from 1994 and SMC S.

http://asknod.wordpress.com/2014/10/03/vasec-what-happens-when-you-call-bob/

onward thru the fog. Vote for Bob.

Edited by asknod

Pardon me while I crawl out from under neath the bus I was thrown under for even "suggesting" that maybe this new head honcho is going to be just like the last 5 or 6 head honchos of VA: Big promises, few results. Last I checked the last VA head honcho made big promises and went backwards..the backlog grew longer, (instead of shorter) including/especially the VA appointment backlog.

bronco,

I hear you buddy.

Don't get me wrong - I am thrilled to read of these amazing, swift and efficient actions taking place

by this new contact . . . but feel it will be short lived.

​By the time they really get into just scratching the surface and finish fielding a couple of thousand request

for help and action - poof - that pathway will be gone - and back to sheet.

We've seen this type of action put into effect before when they were in hot water.

Typically, behavior modification does not remain consistent, at least not with VBA .

I say to all - grab onto this rope quick because it will slide away before too long.

jmho

I say to all - grab onto this rope quick because it will slide away before too long.

That was my angle. Too often people hesitate and miss out in similar circumstances due to not taking action fast enough. Not me, not this time.

I sent an email to HIckey yesterday just to see if or how long it would take for someone to respond. I don't really expect a reply, but you never know.

I will update the post if I hear from them.

I emailed Bob last week and I was just contacted by someone from the Phoenix RO. He said I was finally scheduled for my long awaited DRO hearing for this Nov 19th. Wow that was fast. BTW I didn't asked to be put ahead of anyone in line etc all I asked is someone from the VARO to call me and explain what my status was and correct thier error in the computer system on what I actually put my NOD in for. I put in for Kidney Cancer found within a month of retirement from the USAF and when they inputted the NOD in they put in lower back DDD not Kidney cancer wow what a dumb mistake. I don't have lower back issues not sure where they pulled that from. I couldn't have made it any clearer on the typed paperwork. Well we'll see what happens in a few weeks atleast I'll know if I need to push it to the BVA if the DRO denies it. Thanks for the contact info for Bob it really worked better than I ever expected. :biggrin::smile: