VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tricare New Changes cost WAY MORE!!

Grumpbox

Question

Hey folks...I wasn’t sure where to put this, so here goes.

I guess this year, Tricare made some changes. My total pay out is now $3,000.00 before Tricare Insurance starts to kick in.

I am 100% P&T but don’t live close to a VA facility; plus, I have my daughter (16) and wife on my insurance. These amounts are piling up!!!  I called Tricare and they said it doesn’t matter if I am 100% P&T.

Can anyone provide me with some advice.  I’ve got all the Tricare numbers/website, but is there something I am missing being 100% P&T that I am overlooking that could offset these mounting bills???

Many thanks!!

Grumpbox

@Buck52 

Found this link on Hadit:

https://www.hadit.com/glen-johnson-from-champva/

Its got his number: Glen Johnson will be interviewed. Glen is the PAO for ChampVA and if you want to know anything about ChampVA, He is the man to talk to.  John us. If you want to ask Glen a question, call 347 237 4819.

I assume this is who you mean???

• HadIt.com Elder

yeah that's the Hadit podcast show #

check this link out also from 2 years ago Glenn is the guest and he talks about ChampVA and related parts like dependent eligibility

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/haditcom/2015/12/02/haditcom-blog-talk-radio-show-with-glen-johnson

His  office # direct to his Desk in Denver is 303-331-7864  if he don't pick up just leave a message and your #  he will call you back as soon as he gets your message.

or email him at    glenn.johnson@va.gov

It’s funny civilian doctors get confused with the two programs making it a billing nightmare. It’s so confusing to people who their billing when you tell them ChampVA they still try tricare I hate the billing departments in hospitals... 

Edited by jfrei

• HadIt.com Elder

Grumpbox

This is Glenn direct phone # (303/331/7864) not everyone has it , he gives it out on the Hadit podcast radio show when he is on as a guest, so you might want to write his number down and keep in a safe place for future calls/questions that may arise.

he works out of the Denver Co office and travels around with his job  so when he returns to his office  he checks his messages..so it may take a few days for him to call you back  but he will call.

...I called him a couple years ago about a Medical Supply Store   over a power wheelchair  after I had the chair 8 months the store sent me a Bill for 2.000.00 bucks after ChampVA Had paid them   they said ChampVA PAID their part  I still owed 2.000.00 on the Balance..the chair cost was 1.900.00$$

We tried and tried to let them know ChampVA had paid for the chair fought with them for 6 months over that.

I called Glenn and he got it all straighten out  & I never heard form that medical supply store again.

Lots of these type places tries their damndest to rip off disabled Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger That!

Grumpbox  I notice you have TBI/PTSD Listed as 100% and all your other ratings follow.

Question...How did the VA Rate your TBI/PTSD Together? or did they seperate the two? for 50% rating each? or total 100% for both? 

I understand the PTSD Ratings  but I do not understand TBI & just how they rate these two together being both fall under MH Disabling Criteria?

and also the Post Concussion Headaches 50% as separate rating? It seems that would fall under the TBI Rating Criteria.

It would help some of us learn just how they rate the TBI/PTSD?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by Buck52