Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

odd C-File Contents question

Rate this question

GeekySquid

Question

Here is an odd question about the C-file.

Is EVERYTHING done by the VAMC supposed to end up in your C-file?

I do mean everything.

The reason I ask, is that in other posts here I have mentioned missing records from the VAMC New Orleans.

When I saw my new VA Primary Care Doc for the first time, she asked tons of questions, which was great.

In answer to one of them I mentioned that the VAMC New Orleans lost a bunch of my records and I was pissed about it.

She had her unit's Social Worker call me to offer assistance on the issue.

It turns out there is something called the Joint Legacy Viewer, which is an application that has insight into every medical record the VA has on you no matter what system it is in. Apparently there are several different systems your records could be in depending on location and year you were seen.

When I went yesterday for a follow up on my foot surgery, I went to the Social Workers office and in a couple minutes he pulled up a set of treatment notes about the VNG I had for my vertigo back in 2013 that VAMC New Orleans says is "lost".

Those notes are not in my c-file.

So I am curios if anyone knows if some files are not put in the c-file. These notes I found don't follow the typical format that VAMC uses and happens to list the Procedure Codes associated with each treatment or test done. For example for the Vertigo they list procedures 92540 through 92547 as being done and the results appended elsewhere.

i am going to make an appointment to spend a day searching those files, but I also want to get all of them so I need to figure out that path

• HadIt.com Elder

My VA  PCP change it from ''Perniciousness Anmia''

to

''Megakoblastic Anmia Due to B>12 Deficiency  (SCT)> 49472006

Here is a list that I been diagnosed from the VA  off my ''HealthVet Notes'' The ones in BOLD PRINT I have not sent in a claim for.

NOTE* The flare ups on the'' inflammation of bursa '' is an old Injury I suffered diving into a Bunker landing on the back of my elbow hitting the wall of the Bunker(bad bruse on back of elbow)..I have not filed a claim for that because it just flares up during the winter months and the VA gives me pain meds for that.

MILITARY HISTORY Service Branch Entered Separated Discharge ARMY AUG 28, 1968 FEB 17, 1971 HONORABLE COMBAT EXPOSURE/COMBAT ZONE Yes

CONFIDENTIAL Page 16 of 93 SERVICE CONNECTION DS - Disabilities Eligibility: SERVICE CONNECTED 50% to 100% VERIFIED Total S/C %: 100 TINNITUS 10% S/C IMPAIRED HEARING 90% S/C DEFORMITY OF THE PENIS 0% S/C POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER 70% S/C DSM-5 DIAGNOSIS: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Chronic related to military Major depressive disorder, recurrent, moderate Anxiety Disorder, unspecified DIAGNOSIS: Administrative reason for encounter (SCT

185351004) Gastroesophageal reflux disease (SCT 235595009) Dupuytren's contracture (SCT 274142002) Bronchitis (SCT 32398004) Dyslipidemia (SCT 370992007) Osteoarthritis (SCT 396275006) Megaloblastic anemia due to vitamin B>12< deficiency (SCT 49472006)

History of male erectile disorder (SCT 429031006) Chronic post-traumatic stress disorder (SCT 313182004) Inflammation of bursa (SCT 84017003) Sleep apnea (SCT 73430006) Allergic rhinitis (SCT 61582004) Enlarged prostate (SCT 249607009) Post-traumatic stress disorder (SCT 47505003) Gastroesophageal reflux disease (SCT 235595009) Depression (SCT 35489007) Dupuytren's contracture (SCT 274142002) Rosacea (ICD-9-CM 695.3) Bronchitis (ICD-9-CM 490.) Upper Respiratory Infections (ICD-9-CM 465.9) BENIGN NEO SKIN EYELID (ICD-9-CM 216.1) REFRACTION DISORDER NOS (ICD-9-CM 367.9) HYPERLIPIDEMIA NEC/NOS (ICD-9-CM 272.4) DJD (ICD-9-CM 715.98) Obesity (SCT 414916001) Pernicious anemia (ICD-9-CM 281.0) ACTIVE MEDICATIONS: Active Inpatient and Outpatient Medications (including Supplies): Outpatient Medications Status ==============

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

2 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Gastroesophageal reflux disease

you have quite a list there Buck 🙂

I am curious why you haven't claimed for GERD at a minimum, but that is just me being nosy

I am curious though if before or after your heart bypass you had a diagnosis of Ischemic Heart Disease? it is now one of the presumptive conditions of AO.

Have you registered for the AO health exam and registry?

It might be worth it as some of the things you have might overcome the strictures on presumption. It just depends on how much energy you want to put into it for the outcome.

There is still a lot of movement on AO and other herbicide exposures. Hell I just re-read the list of In US Storage and Testing and realized I lived in or very near a couple of those places

• HadIt.com Elder

Geeky  mention

''I am curious why you haven't claimed for GERD at a minimum, but that is just me being nosy''

Well I just never filed on it.'' no reason not to...but I can still file for it  ... However no more $$ in it for me   I'd just be getting it S.C. is all & same with most all the others diagnoses  like Sleep Apnea  JUST be getting it Service connected Secondary to PTSD    but again no more $$ in the pot.

so why go through the stress? 

I will have to lose my arms/legs /and my mind to get any more$$$ with SMC.

Geeky mention

''I am curious though if before or after your heart bypass you had a diagnosis of Ischemic Heart Disease? it is now one of the presumptive conditions of AO.''

Geeky, your getting me confused with Vync or some other Vet, I never had a  Heart By Pass?

or you think I had open heart by pass from my quote?  that was from my spouse she use to smoke and  all of a sudden had to have Emergency heart by pass 15 years ago.   ..so she said to other if you smoke don't let  open heart by pass be a Motivator to quit.

And yes I am registered with the A.O. Registry.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I think most of us old Vietnam Dogs are registered in the A.0, Registry.

Or should be. 

27 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

hat was from my spouse she use to smoke and  all of a sudden had to have Emergency heart by pass 15 years ago. 

ahh I misunderstood that sourcing on heart bypass. sorry.

20 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

should be.

that is the operative condition...many are still not registered.

• HadIt.com Elder

Buck, are you saying that if we have an A.O. disability the VA automatically puts us in the Registry?