We Need Members To Jump In More

Rate this question

carlie

Question

Hi,

This is just my opinion.

I sure would like to see more members jumping in and providing help

when they can.

Regular responders are getting stretched kind of thin.

Come on - help out some - Ya know ya want to : -)

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have been watching other posts on here and reading them. However, due to my limited exposure to the VA (sent my first claim in May of this year), I don't know how to answer most questions.

I'll keep reading posts and as I gain experience, I will add my $0.02 when I am able!

Thanks for all the help that all of you experienced folks have given me! I promise to give back when I can!!

A big thank you to all of the folks who contribute to help vets here.

I understand if someone doesn't feel they have the knowledge to speak up; I'll usually skip a post or just add a word of encouragement if it's something I'm not knowledgeable of.

I try to remember that a poster may be confused with this large site and unaware of how to post best.

Thanks again to everyone! :smile:

Carlie:

I will be more involved.

It is hard, however, because the VA is NOT consistent with its' claim decisions.

But we all know that.

I'll do what I can.

Mike S.

I have not been on the site in a while but i do always check, i dont think that some memebers dont want to help is that when you try to help some veteran he sometimes gets upset because he didnt hear what he wanted to hear.I feel that its not worth it trying to help someone, its just my opinion i have always gotten good advice from memebers on this website that has helped me and I appreciate it to.I to will try to help the same way i was helped. :biggrin:

Carlie:

I will be more involved.

It is hard, however, because the VA is NOT consistent with its' claim decisions.

But we all know that.

I'll do what I can.

Mike S.

Carlie:

Great point. Sometimes I know I'm selfish and only come in looking for answers, other times I offer what I can. Sometimes, it's nice to just read through the good news stories. I see it like ACOA: add when you can, listen when you can't, but always try to be here....

Some days, I think I'm better for having at least offered ideas or experience. I'm less likely to take home a lot of the baggage when I can chat with folks here. My wife and kids thank all of you for this! For those senior members (rank, not age ;-} ) here, please don't think you have to pull the load alone. I know it's important to try and at least read the new posts and research when you can, but it is OK to take a break! For others needing immediate assistance, I would suggest NOT pointing a comment at any particular elder (again, JMHO). It appears to be causing stress, and there should (hate 'shoulding' all over people) be some sensitivity to other folks' time spent in the forums. Remember, we're all volunteers.

Enough ouf my rant; I agree and will do my best!