Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Just Received My Dd214

Rate this question

KReub11

Question

Just had a question that I thought maybe someone could help me answer.

My claim was filed one year ago and has been sitting in the "Preparation for Decision" phase since late August of 2011, today I called and talked with the VA, how delightful of a conversation and completely unhelpful that was. However, I did find out that according to them and the lovely eBenefits website they just Received my DD214 on 4/16/2012. This was submitted with the original claim and not sure why they would just be receiving it again. Does anyone have any clues as to what this might mean? It was the first update of any sort that I have seen in approximately Seven months. At the very least it shows that there might be some work being done on my claim. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar experience, where maybe they got the DD214 and then the claim was quickly resolved, or if this just means nothing.

I hope that was clear.

Thank you!

By the way my Claim is at the Portland, Oregon regional office.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

It seems this happens frequently (JMHO). I've had to send the same documents in several times for different claims, the DD214 included. At least if you're seeing motion on you claim, someone at least touched it. I think that's a good thing.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

To recap .... whether you send in a copy of your DD Form 214 or not, the VARO still will verify your service (or other important information) with NPRC.

Even before the days of digital manipulation (Photoshop, etc.), some 214s were "modified" (= falsified), so everyone gets to suffer.

Just had a question that I thought maybe someone could help me answer.

My claim was filed one year ago and has been sitting in the "Preparation for Decision" phase since late August of 2011, today I called and talked with the VA, how delightful of a conversation and completely unhelpful that was. However, I did find out that according to them and the lovely eBenefits website they just Received my DD214 on 4/16/2012. This was submitted with the original claim and not sure why they would just be receiving it again. Does anyone have any clues as to what this might mean? It was the first update of any sort that I have seen in approximately Seven months. At the very least it shows that there might be some work being done on my claim. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar experience, where maybe they got the DD214 and then the claim was quickly resolved, or if this just means nothing.

I hope that was clear.

Thank you!

By the way my Claim is at the Portland, Oregon regional office.

• HadIt.com Elder

I filed an AO claim many years after I was SC'ed for my original claim. The VA held my claim up. I called and asked what was holding up my claim. The VA said they did not have a certified copy of my DD214. What BS? I had a couple of them in my file, so I sent them a certified copy of the DD214 and knocked off about 6 months of claim time. My DD214 was right on top of my C-file but they were too lazy to get it. In the past they have shredded my claims, hidden evidence, ignored evidence, lied about evidence and even denied I was ever in the army, or Vietnam. I have a DD214 in a safe deposit box. All the evidence is right there in that lock box in a bank.

John

I filed an AO claim many years after I was SC'ed for my original claim. The VA held my claim up. I called and asked what was holding up my claim. The VA said they did not have a certified copy of my DD214. What BS? I had a couple of them in my file, so I sent them a certified copy of the DD214 and knocked off about 6 months of claim time. My DD214 was right on top of my C-file but they were too lazy to get it. In the past they have shredded my claims, hidden evidence, ignored evidence, lied about evidence and even denied I was ever in the army, or Vietnam. I have a DD214 in a safe deposit box. All the evidence is right there in that lock box in a bank.

John

John99999, Over the last 40 years there is one thing I kept. My original copy of my DD214!! Lock up and safe!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"