VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeals

Pitman87

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible you could get retro pay.  It depends on if the new rating moves the effective dates of all of your combined ratings back.  

I'm 100% P&T as well and the effect date for this is in 2015.  I have claims from 2010 that were finally granted in 2020 but they gave me the wrong effective date for them.  I am appealing the effective dates so they go back to 2010.  If they correct the effective date, all of my combined ratings since 2010 will increase and the effective date of my 100% P&T will move back before 2015.  This would result in some significant retro for me.  

You can't get higher than 100% but you could get addition special monthly compensation (SMC) on top of you rating.  I see you're already getting SMC-s but say for instance you have a service connected issue that causes erectile disfunction you could get SMC-k for loss of use of a creative organ and that would pay a little over $100 more per month. 

• HadIt.com Elder
9 hours ago, Pitman87 said:

How about any more compensation since already 100% smc-s?

Actually  the more or worse off a veteran is with his service connected conditions  he can qualify up the SMC Latter So -to-speak.

If you have other conditions that render you helpless and bedridden  or you lose both legs and arms and you need assistance from another person  you can qualify for other SMC depending on how bad the conditions are,

SMC ALSO AS  Loss of use of a body organ   which would also qualify  for higher SMC Payments .

A  TBI vets can qualify for more SMC's if the TBI has other Residuals cause from his TBI  that render him helpless. 

so basically the more bad health conditions caused by his military service  including secondary Conditions   then he can clime up the SMC Latter

you would need a quailfied Dr to state so.

I am fairly sure they are veterans receiving'' higher SMC's ''THAN THEY NORMALLY WOULD DESERVE but its all up to the Dr's to help them get there.(jmo)

Edited by Buck52