Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible you could get retro pay.  It depends on if the new rating moves the effective dates of all of your combined ratings back.  

I'm 100% P&T as well and the effect date for this is in 2015.  I have claims from 2010 that were finally granted in 2020 but they gave me the wrong effective date for them.  I am appealing the effective dates so they go back to 2010.  If they correct the effective date, all of my combined ratings since 2010 will increase and the effective date of my 100% P&T will move back before 2015.  This would result in some significant retro for me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can't get higher than 100% but you could get addition special monthly compensation (SMC) on top of you rating.  I see you're already getting SMC-s but say for instance you have a service connected issue that causes erectile disfunction you could get SMC-k for loss of use of a creative organ and that would pay a little over $100 more per month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder
9 hours ago, Pitman87 said:

How about any more compensation since already 100% smc-s?

Actually  the more or worse off a veteran is with his service connected conditions  he can qualify up the SMC Latter So -to-speak.

If you have other conditions that render you helpless and bedridden  or you lose both legs and arms and you need assistance from another person  you can qualify for other SMC depending on how bad the conditions are,

SMC ALSO AS  Loss of use of a body organ   which would also qualify  for higher SMC Payments .

A  TBI vets can qualify for more SMC's if the TBI has other Residuals cause from his TBI  that render him helpless. 

so basically the more bad health conditions caused by his military service  including secondary Conditions   then he can clime up the SMC Latter

you would need a quailfied Dr to state so.

I am fairly sure they are veterans receiving'' higher SMC's ''THAN THEY NORMALLY WOULD DESERVE but its all up to the Dr's to help them get there.(jmo)

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use