Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results For High Blood Pressure And No C&p Results For Diabetes 11

Rate this question

brentakar

Question

I received my results from my C&P Exam today from the release of information Dept at the VA hospital. The only notes from the doctor were about my High Blood Pressure Exam. There were no notes, no mention or no questions about my Diabetes during my C&P Exam/Any suggestions on what this means and what should I do now? Please reply back.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

That's somewhat typical. You will need to get a doctor to associate the HBP with your diabetes in writing, assuming that the diabetes is service connectable.

In addition, you can write a letter (Send certified or registered, return receipt) stating your concern over the "incomplete" C&P exam, and if you so choose, request another by a different examiner. Was the C&P given by the usual NP or PA, or by a "real" doctor? In any event, you likely face a denial, in part due to the incomplete C&P exam, unless there is another SC-able condition that can be related to HBP. The HBP hassle is nothing new, the VA for years has tried different subtrifuges to avoid SC'ing HBP. A common one is calling it "essential" which means literally "of itself", and in actual fact "cause unknown".

I received my results from my C&P Exam today from the release of information Dept at the VA hospital. The only notes from the doctor were about my High Blood Pressure Exam. There were no notes, no mention or no questions about my Diabetes during my C&P Exam/Any suggestions on what this means and what should I do now? Please reply back.

Edited by Chuck75

Hi Chuck,

my exam was given by a a physician from comp & pension division.I filed for 2 seperate claims, HBP,which my readings that day of the exam were the highest they ever have been. my readinds that day were 150/111,152/110 165/115. I had sent in my High BP readings that I submitted with my claim for Diabetes 2.When I was diagnoses 2 years ago , the VA mentioned that some of my high blood pressure reading may have been a pre-curror to my Diabetes and for me to file a claim.The only thing the doctor told me was all my lab test are cureent and all your records are in the system , no need for any exams today.Please reply back on my BP readings and the doctor said no need for any exams because everything is in the system and he sees I have been going to the VA for a long time.Thank you.

Thanks for replying back jbasser,

I was given 0% service connected when I retired from the army in 2005. I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2 2 years ago through the VA Hospital where I get seen for everything.I made copies of all my medical records befor I retired and went through them after I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2.Come to find out I had several high sugar readings in my records while i was active duty/I went to the Diabetic clinic at the VA and they revied my medical records while on active duty and highlighted the high sugar numbers.They suggested I file for a claim.I filed 2 claims , for Diabetes and for an increase in my HBP.I went to my C&P exam and no question what so ever about my Diabetes.The physician from the comp and pen saw my diabetic shoes and socks I wore and all he said to me when we met was he is not going to give me any exam since everything is documented and my labs are current in the system.Yesterday I received copies of my C&P frpm release of information and al it talked about was high blood pressure.Not one word about Daibetes.Please reply back.

• HadIt.com Elder

You need to get an iron clad IMO and go over every sugar level reading you had in service.

The VA is going to fight this one viciously.

I am in the same boat your in and My HTN is rated at 10 percent.

How is your heart, do you have any athersclerosis or CAD?

If so then that that can b e secondary to the HTN.

Basser

jbasser wrote:

You need to get an iron clad IMO and go over every sugar level reading you had in service.

I agree with jbasser